My 2003 Oxford White Mach 1 detail, pictures/process included

66temp

Established Member
Well I posted my first detail with the porter cable about 6 months ago ( http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300557 ) and I've come a long way since then! I've got my own little personal detailing buisness and have now done 30 + cars and now do most of them on a regular basis (I'm still receiving new customers every weekend!) It's a great buisness for me and since I'm still in school I make quite a bit of money and can make my own schedule.

Well I finally got a chance to do my own car, the only trouble I had was breaking down the OP enough to get out some of the micromarring that I was encountering, but I ended up just having to work the polish in longer with the porter cable. I'm going to be purchasing a rotary soon, theres really only so much that a random orbit can do and a rotary sure would make things go faster! Other than the issue with my micromarring, my car was a breeze lol :coolman: I hope you guys appreciate my effort to try and get white to look good, its hard but I think I did an ok job, the car looked pretty good to me :)

Exterior:
-Wash with NXT wash
-Spot clay with Pinnacle Poly Ultra Clay (only needed it on the lower parts of my doors/bumper
-Optimum Compound + LC Orange pad, PC at 6 (for areas with a little bit of cobwebbing)
-Optimum Polish + LC Orange Pad whole car PC at 6...
-Poorboys EX-P
-P21S Caranuba Wax
-Wheels sealed with Poorboys wheel sealent
-Trim dressed with Poorboys Trim restorer
-NXT Glass Cleaner

Interior:-Quick Vacuum
-Lightly wiped down my dash/door panels, (I dress them once a week lol)
-Leather Conditioned with Pinnacle's Natural Brilliance Leather Conditioner (I do this every two weeks lol)

Pictures:
IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_6020.jpg

IMG_6019.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

Interior:
IMG_6002.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

Engine:
IMG_6008.jpg

(I just popped the hood, I usually clean the engine once a week and didn't feel like doing it when I detailed the car b/c it was already clean...)

03 red vert

Awesome... Well represented Mach 1....

BTW, where did you buy the rear deep dished Mach 1 rims from?

Thanks for posting

03 red vert

very nice...

I too have a white Mach 1 (03); however, it is a daily driver and we are currently taking our lumps with ice / snow.

Looking at your pictures makes me think of the summer months to come.

SVT Wylde

The Accountant
Established Member
The car looks great! I just bought a PC and pads and I am ready to try it as soon as winter is over.

Have you tried Optimum polish on the orange pad followed by a white pad? I have heard it can remove some pretty decent swirls when used with a cutting pad.

The engine looks great. What do you use on the plastic?

Randall

Last edited:

66temp

Established Member
SVT Wylde said:
The car looks great! I just bought a PC and pads and I am ready to try it as soon as winter is over.

Have you tried Optimum polish on the orange pad followed by a white pad? I have heard it can remove some pretty decent swirls when used with a cutting pad.

The engine looks great. What do you use on the plastic?

Randall
The OP/Orange pad can remove most of the defects fairly easily but I wanted something that would cut faster, so I switched to the compound, for the plastic I use Poorboys Trim Restorer, smells great and protects very well :thumbsup:

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
Blood on Blood said:
very nice...

I too have a white Mach 1 (03); however, it is a daily driver and we are currently taking our lumps with ice / snow.

Looking at your pictures makes me think of the summer months to come.

i dont take the cobra out in the snow but the GT has been out b4 and i got stuck too many times to count

btw sweet ride :rockon:

Scott P

Established Member
That's a great job. White is a blessing and a curse when detailing. It hides a lot, but that hiding ability makes it tougher to see what you need to correct. It still looks sweet all cleaned up. A nicely polished and waxed white car really stands out.

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
HTML:
great job man!
i may of missed it, but what are you using for exhaust tips?
i use that eagle one (rust/ pit) remover, and my buddy had some blue (runny substance) wax that had (i believe) silicone in it, so it would last longer and protect from oxidation longer..
- please feel free to correct me if i got anything wrong about my way (too bad my way is fubared b/c i can't find that blue wax - and i don't have a name for it either!). :??:

Users who are viewing this thread