Yup, its Broke...

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Well, finally got the motor pulled out, and apart. Got some pics, but hosted and realized they were huge. I didnt know my phone took such big pics. Anway, whats wrong with this pic:
1227061648a.jpg

Also, here is a list of the parts im looking into. All you built guys, let me know if you have any suggestions, or if Im missing something. All my current mods are in my sig.

Patriot Stage II Heads (With Lock N Stitch Hard Anodized Spark Plug thread inserts)
Stage III Cams (Either Crower or Comp)
ARP Head/Main Studs
Port Matched Lower Intake
Home Ported Eaton
8 or 10 Pound Lower (Which one should i get?)
Manley Forged Pistons (9:1 Compression)
File Fit Rings
Manley H-beams with ARP2000 Rod Bolts
Brand New Crank and 5.4L NVH Iron block
60# Injectors
255lph Pumps

Im sure there are other things im missing.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
OMG man wtf, thats crazy looks like a bomb went off on it. I was going to tell you to go with the stage 2 heads and just get the cams in stage 3, but looks like you already did that, good choice. 8 or 10 pulley on a ported eaton sounds like alot, i know ur motor will be able to handle it lol, but iono bout the eaton, id get the 8 though. All you need now is a KB.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
try some liquid weld....should take out some of the cracks.

sucks, but good excuse to get a built motor.

chiz

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
That 8lb lower is going to be to much for the eaton. It will lock it up and then you will be needing a kb or whipple. I would sell it and put what you get out of it and put that towards a kb or whipple.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
00SVT said:
That 8lb lower is going to be to much for the eaton. It will lock it up and then you will be needing a kb or whipple. I would sell it and put what you get out of it and put that towards a kb or whipple.

+1

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I think you could superglue the rod back together and the marks on the piston should buff out :p

Remember its cheaper to do it right the first time instead of doing it again further down the road:beer:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
I think you could superglue the rod back together and the marks on the piston should buff out

C'mon man!! You can only do that with the regular F150 internals! The Lightning needs JB Weld!

Dave, consider a MP if you wanna spin the s/c with a 10lb lower.

Stewart

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Oh the pain..... Look at the bright side those mods will bring a second smile to your face when you drive it again.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Well, I can tell you right off the bat to skip the Patriots. When I go built I'll be getting other heads. I know of too many people that have had problems with theirs.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
lightninmike said:
how big is the hole:D

No hole suprisingly enough..... Ok, no external hole. It nailed an oil passage inside the block. Here is a shot of the other end.
1227061648b.jpg

I may look into an MP, or maybe ill just wait, run the port for a while, and buy a KB, or wait for the 3.3L Whipple.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Well, I can tell you right off the bat to skip the Patriots. When I go built I'll be getting other heads. I know of too many people that have had problems with theirs.

Were buying the heads bare, and building them right, so im not too worried about em. I wasnt driving at the time, but i hope it won.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Stewart_H said:
C'mon man!! You can only do that with the regular F150 internals! The Lightning needs JB Weld!

Dave, consider a MP if you wanna spin the s/c with a 10lb lower.

Stewart

MP does have a special discounted group buy purchase price available right now. Not a bad idea.

todd abbott

Established Member
There is no way I'd start a rebuild with a block that had that kind of internal failure, new blocks can be had pretty reasonably.

Users who are viewing this thread