Please tell me what I need to know when looking for an s281 wing

mackj66

Established Member
I'm lookin to pick one up for this spring...
What material should it be made out of. I have heard that they come in fiberglass and/or urethane or something like that. Which is better and why?

Also, what about the mounting bolts? Are there different versions, and which is better and why?

Lastly, where is the best place to pick one up for the best price.

Thanks fellas.:)

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Saleen no longer makes a 4 bolt s281 for the 94-98s. They now attach using the 2 front bolts, then the back edge is 2 sided taped to the car.
Also, Saleen makes theirs out of urethane, which has casused many problems for fitment from what I've heard and seen. They often arrive warped direct from Saleen.
I bought ABC Exclusive Fiberglass 4 bolt S281 and couldn't be more happy. It fit perfect, right out of the box.
I have a few close=up pics of the fitment. Let me know if you guys wanna see.

mackj66

Established Member
Please post pics. :)
Does any of this require any drilling of holes? (I hope not)
Or does it just bolt up to the stock spoiler holes?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
These pics are of Kaenan's fiberglass S281 Spoiler. YES it fits in the stock 4 bolt locations. It just bolts right up.

s2815.jpg

s2814.jpg

s2813.jpg

s2812.jpg

s281.gif

s2811.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mystical

Established Member
badass98svt said:
These pics are of ABC Exclusive's fiberglass S281 Spoiler. YES it fits in the stock 4 bolt locations. It just bolts right up.

s2815.jpg

s2814.jpg

s2813.jpg

s2812.jpg

s281.gif

s2811.jpg

Looks good, but shouldn't the wing be sitting flush with the quarter panels? I believe that is the issue people are having with the OEM saleen wing.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
mystical said:
Looks good, but shouldn't the wing be sitting flush with the quarter panels? I believe that is the issue people are having with the OEM saleen wing.
No, then it would scratch the shit out of it everytime you closed your trunk. There is supposed to be a small gap. My friend has an original fiberglass s-281 on his 98 cobra and it is the same way as the pictures.

mystical

Established Member
WhiteDevil said:
No, then it would scratch the shit out of it everytime you closed your trunk. There is supposed to be a small gap. My friend has an original fiberglass s-281 on his 98 cobra and it is the same way as the pictures.

That's true, I guess I never thought of that since I never use the trunk:-D

Users who are viewing this thread