Ford GTX1 - Thought You'd all Enjoy This

Fast Willy

Established Member
I think I would rather have the hard top, and the pulley and exhaust you can put on yourself for im sure much less. Just gives ford more of a reason to up charge but its sixck, trying to compete with the new z07?

6SpeedLover

Established Member
I love watching him drive, he always pushes the cars to the limit. Ohh, and BTW...... I want one also :) Thanx for sharing

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

StangGt00

Supporting the GWOT, USN!
Established Member
Yeah, same GT but with stuff you could do yourself. And if you own one, you have the money to do it yourself.

Atleast we didnt hear him bash / criticize it like he does with every other american car he tests.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
he said that it was the most amazing thing hes ever driven and he drives enzo's and other high end sports cars everyday, i think thats one of the best reviews a ford could ever get.

goobernoodles

Established Member
dirty_canadian said:
he said that it was the most amazing thing hes ever driven and he drives enzo's and other high end sports cars everyday, i think thats one of the best reviews a ford could ever get.
You misquoted him. He said its AS GOOD as anything hes ever driven.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If you've seen his previous test of the the GT you'de see that he absolutely loves that car. He's actually one of the few in Europe to receive one, and I believe that he mentioned that he pretty much drives it everyday to work.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Thanks for the video. I knew they arranged that, but hadn't seen the outcome. I've spent alot of time checking out a couple GTX1's and they really do look excellent. The wheels look nasty in pictures but are actually quite nice in real life. Lot of scratch though. The conversion is $38k.

Red car is in California, the silver is a custom paint in Washington, and of course the original GTX1. I know the owner of the Red car fairly well, he had 80k+ into that car! Carbon fiber sills, rear diffuser, splitter, engine bay rails, special rims, custom interior, etc..YIKES!
Forum_5.jpg

For the guys(people were happy I budgeted in models for the show :D):
Detroit_Trip_199.JPG

Not sure where this car went:
Forum_8.jpg

The GT takes to mods like a fish to water. Pulley/tune only and you have a car that does 135mph in the 1/4 on the far, far side of a safe A/F. I spent $1k for my mods. Really makes think Ford did it just so people wouldn't kill themselves. Beyond making it faster in a straight line, it makes the car even more controllable (usually more power makes the car more skittish). The car can be steered with the throttle and it's still ridiculously composed. A real dream to drive.

Most guys are going with the Pulley/Tune/Exhaust/Headers route (car good for 136-138mph), but there are already at least 10 Twin Turbo cars out there making between 800rwhp-1200rwhp, and now the Whipple 3.3 is out. A friend of mine switched from Pulley/Tune to Whipple and his power went from:

602rwhp/551rwtq 2.7" pulley
to
750rwhp/678rwtq 3.3 Whipple

:banana:

Last edited:

2k1cobra

Established Member
DBK said:
Thanks for the video. I knew they arranged that, but hadn't seen the outcome. I've spent alot of time checking out a couple GTX1's and they really do look excellent. The wheels look nasty in pictures but are actually quite nice in real life. Lot of scratch though. The conversion is $38k.

Red car is in California, the silver is a custom paint in Washington, and of course the original GTX1. I know the owner of the Red car fairly well, he had 80k+ into that car! Carbon fiber sills, rear diffuser, splitter, engine bay rails, special rims, custom interior, etc..YIKES!

For the guys(people were happy I budgeted in models for the show :D):

Not sure where this car went:

The GT takes to mods like a fish to water. Pulley/tune only and you have a car that does 135mph in the 1/4 on the far, far side of a safe A/F. I spent $1k for my mods. Really makes think Ford did it just so people wouldn't kill themselves. Beyond making it faster in a straight line, it makes the car even more controllable (usually more power makes the car more skittish). The car can be steered with the throttle and it's still ridiculously composed. A real dream to drive.

Most guys are going with the Pulley/Tune/Exhaust/Headers route (car good for 136-138mph), but there are already at least 10 Twin Turbo cars out there making between 800rwhp-1200rwhp, and now the Whipple 3.3 is out. A friend of mine switched from Pulley/Tune to Whipple and his power went from:

602rwhp/551rwtq 2.7" pulley
to
750rwhp/678rwtq 3.3 Whipple

:banana:
:bowdown: :bowdown: The black w/ white stripes is the shit!:coolman:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I have loved that car ever since the first time I saw it. I love the the orange and grey color scheme as well, but yea the wheels are kinda off. However, I thought the very same thing about the 10th Anniversary wheels on the cobra when I saw pics of it, but when I saw it for the very first time in person I absolutely fell in love with them. I'm thinking DBK is right, the wheels probably look better in person.

Anybody have the full length version of that vid?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The wheels actually still look pretty nasty on the Valencia Yellow car. They did look very good on the red car.

Couple more pics:

GT_Meet_Detroit_098.jpg

GT_Meet_Detroit_093.jpg

DSC00646.JPG

Forum_14.JPG

Forum_13.JPG

Forum_3.jpg

Detroit_Trip_198.JPG

I have gigantic ones, but I literally took hundreds of my own pictures, and people sent me several thousand others. I'll dig through and see what other good ones are in there...

Sklander

Established Member
I really like when that guy reviews any car. To hear him say "this feels as good as anything I've ever driven" really means something coming from his mouth... and he generally has terrible things to say about American cars.

Unreal car.

Users who are viewing this thread