O/R X sounds like AZZ

biggyman6

pumpkin
Established Member
Well I had a problem with my catted X pipe this week (rattling real bad and shooting stuff out the tailpipe) so I decided to get a new one and went with the BBK Off Road X without Cats and man does it sound like ass. I dont like how raspy it is when I get on it. So I guess I will just drive it for the next month until winter comes and then store it and take it off and get the Catted X pipe. So any of you wanting to go the same route I did just make sure you get yourself a catted pipe.
Jason

EJ23

Established Member
Not all o/r x's sound bad. dr. gas, upr, kooks - etc. sound good.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
Your 1st mistake was buying the BBK O/R X. It seems alot of people hate BBK's non true X pipe.

However, BBK's Hpipe sounds freaking awesome.

biggyman6

pumpkin
Established Member
I wasnt saying that all x pipes are bad. I just chose it because the other xpipe (with cats) broke down and I was told it was pretty common with BBK so I wanted to try a no risk situation. I didnt want to get a BBK but since my car came with LT's I had no choice, I had bassani on my other one so that was my first choice. So maybe I could try the Hpipe and if that sounds like shit I will go back to the Catted X.

blackcobrapilot

Established Member
I bought the Dr. Gas x pipe because of the slight hp advantage over the H. Well, I do not like the sound. I will be switching back to the H regardless of the hp difference.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
The BBK o/r x-pipe has got to be the worst P.O.S. on the market, I had it on my car for about a week before I bought a MAC o/r H-pipe, H-pipe sounds awesome.

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
bbk = le junk.

Buy yourself a quality X from Bassani, install it, and come post on here tellingus how much you love it :)

I've got a bassani orx mated to a magnaflow cb, and the car sound slike freakin king kong on a megaphone at wot. I absolutely love it.

Juiced-03

Established Member
It's not the brand, it's the fact that you have a Bassani catback with an O/R X! Trust me, I've tried 2 different O/R X pipes and they both sounded like SHIT with the Bassani catback. Either put cats on it or change the catback!

chrisdf_382

Banned
had the O/R x also

A buddy of mine slung me his O/R X from his Mach, I installed it on the cobra with a 3 inch Magnaflow catback (BUT i have ultraflow mufflers welded in place) it was the worst sounding thing i ever heard... so i threw the stock H back on... 1 week later I got an exhaust ticket.. I was like "OH my god.. this cop should of heard the BBK O/R X i had on here :shrug:

anyways.. my stock H is back on the car now.. PLUS with the offroad on it.. i lost a shit load of bottom end... ...like tons because with that BBK on it it would not shake 2nd gear for nothing... put the stock H back on and it gets jiggy with it when i nail 2nd.. ..go figure!!

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
I had a bbk o/r/x on my last mustang with flowmaster and it sounded great, now on my terminator i have bbk l/t's with matching bbk o/r/x pipe and a MAC 3" catback and DAMN, i love it, maybe its more or less the catback than the xpipe but what do i kno

Users who are viewing this thread