FS: 1996 Procharged Mystic with 21,000 miles

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Selling our show car. We have recently sold 2 terminators and now are selling the Mystic in favor of a land purchase.

1996 polished Procharged Mystic Cobra # 1690 out of 2000 made. This car has 21,000 miles on it. NEVER been to the track. Show car only. Last year it won best in class at Carlisle and won best in class at Mustang week at myrtle Beach. It's really been taken care of and always garaged. I'll post some pics tonight, as they are on my home pc.
A/C is ice cold. Never abused in any way. Paint is in super condition. Drivability/streetability is PERFECT. This is my wife's car ( mystic mama ) Last dyno with 6 lb pulley was 455 rwhp and 422 rwtq. Now has 10 lb pulley. Chip was retuned for additional boost and datalogged as being a very conservative tune. You will not be sorry you bought this car. It's mint in every way.

Title is free and clear and in hand.

Price is $16,000.00.. Call or pm with questions,

Thanks, J.R. 301-748-7038

Mods below

Polished P1SC Procharger piullied at 10 psi.
Procharger 3 core intercooler
Polished upper intake
Polished valve covers
New CF dual friction clutch and pressure plate
FMU fuel management system
Raptor high volume fuel pump
Bassani stainless X pipe, modular cats. leave in or take out.
Bassani stailess cat back with polished tips
17 inch Chrome Cobra R wheels
Ford Racing 8mm high intensity plug wires
Denso plugs
Ford Racing 4.30 gears
Diablo Chip, custom tuned by Johnny Lightning
UPR Billett accesories throught interior
Autometer boost guage
Autometer fuel pressure guage
Autometer guage pod
UPR blue thunder short throw shifter
Custom painted aluminum radiator cover

PICT0088.gif

PICT0090.gif

PICT0085.gif

PICT0074.gif

PICT0086.gif

PICT0082.gif

PICT0080.gif

PICT0079.gif

PICT0089.gif

PICT0091.gif

PICT0096.gif

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Wow, wish i didnt have my Lightning, I would love to have another Mystic.

mystic1219

Established Member
sounds like a great deal. 455 is impresive on 6 lbs. My mystic is a DD with 100k+ miles and I absolutely love it. I have considered selling it for a terminator or 06 GT but cant make myself do it. A mystic gets so much attention it is crazy. Thats a really good price too with the blower and low miles. Bump for ya.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
mystical said:
PM sent, no reply? Beautiful car!!!

Hello Boris,

I received your pm, but wanted to post this up first. I'd like to sell the car, but don't really want to wait for someone else to buy yours first. A person never knows how long it may take to sell something. If you can sell yours quickly, it may still be on the market.

Thanks for the interest in it,

J.R.

mixxer

Established Member
this is the nicest mystic ive ever seen ! BAR NONE! i hopwe it stays in the MACA like the two termies did. this car is worth 15,000 for sure!

mixxer

Established Member
this is the nicest mystic ive ever seen ! BAR NONE! i hope it stays in the MACA like the two termies did. this car is worth 15,000 for sure!

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
mixxer said:
this is the nicest mystic ive ever seen ! BAR NONE! i hopwe it stays in the MACA like the two termies did. this car is worth 15,000 for sure!

Thanks. It would be nice to see it stay in the club.

Dirt2067

Established Member
455rwhp?

I'm fairly new to the Mustang world, I grew up around small block chevys (go easy I still have one)
Just curiuos how one gets 455rwhp from 6lbs of intercooled boost from a car that might make 200rwhp stock? Procharger claims 60-70% increase in their intercooled kits, are there more mods to this car than what is listed?
I just drove a 95Cobra w/30k miles with an intercooled procharger with similar mods that I saw put 302hp to the wheels the base line on this car was 201rwhp. i'm not bashing your post Im just curious I have an 02 GT and want that kind of power but I dont see it happening with just a blower?

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
The 95 you drove was a 302 pushrod motor. The 96's and up are 4.6 4 valve modular motors. The stock rating is 305hp from the factory. These are the numbers we got. Add 70% to that, then deduct 60 hp for the driveline loss. This is a for sale thread. If you have some more questions, you can pm me.

Thanks, J.R.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Just got off the phone with J.R.
Sounds like an amazing car and he sounds like a very honest seller. Hopefully things will work out and I will be able to get down there to check out/buy the car. If not I think someone will get a very nice ride! Thanks for you time J.R. -Mat-

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
SVT F15O said:
Just got off the phone with J.R.
Sounds like an amazing car and he sounds like a very honest seller. Hopefully things will work out and I will be able to get down there to check out/buy the car. If not I think someone will get a very nice ride! Thanks for you time J.R. -Mat-
You are absolutely correct on both counts......This is an outstanding Cobra with nothing but the best because that's the only way JR knows how to do it. And JR has a well deserved reputation in the Cobra community for being honest, straight forward, and very knowlegeable.

Huge bump for one of the most awesome Cobras on the planet!

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
IronTerp said:
You are absolutely correct on both counts......This is an outstanding Cobra with nothing but the best because that's the only way JR knows how to do it. And JR has a well deserved reputation in the Cobra community for being honest, straight forward, and very knowlegeable.

Huge bump for one of the most awesome Cobras on the planet!

Thanks for the kind words, my friend.:thumbsup:

super302

Established Member
Dirt2067 said:
I'm fairly new to the Mustang world, I grew up around small block chevys (go easy I still have one)
Just curiuos how one gets 455rwhp from 6lbs of intercooled boost from a car that might make 200rwhp stock? Procharger claims 60-70% increase in their intercooled kits, are there more mods to this car than what is listed?
I just drove a 95Cobra w/30k miles with an intercooled procharger with similar mods that I saw put 302hp to the wheels the base line on this car was 201rwhp. i'm not bashing your post Im just curious I have an 02 GT and want that kind of power but I dont see it happening with just a blower?
you need to do more research about mustangs, the 96 cobras have a 32valve 4.6 which dyno at 300rwhp with minor bolt ons (265rwhp stock)

Users who are viewing this thread