Coil Overs installed on GT500

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
They are ground control coil overs with Koni adjustable struts up front with a 430# spring, in the rear they are a spring with an adjustable perch with koni adjustable shocks with 200# springs.

Driving impressions are amazing. The car is FLAT through turns, there is no body roll at all, it just stays firm throughout. On hard braking the car barely dive's...maybe goes 1/4" down when I step on the slow down pedal.

You'd think that the ride would be bone jarring, but it's very smooth. On the softest dampening mode the car is as smooth as stock, but is still very flat in turns. When you firm it up to full it's a little jittery on very bumpy roads...but it still rides much better than my buddy's lowered evo. The handling on the firmest setting is very tight, I feel that it would be best suited for a smooth surface race track because it reacts too firmly to bumps in the road. I have it set to right in the middle, it's a very nice ride and handles superb.

The stock ride height was 28" LF, 29 3/4" LR, 28 1/2" RF, 29 1/4" RR without me in the car. Now it is 26 7/8" LR, 27" LR, 26 7/8 RF, 27" RR with me in the car. LF is 1 1/8" lower, LR is 2 3/4" lower, RF is 1 5/8" lower and RR is 2 1/4" lower.

Before

Shelby111.gif

Shelby128.gif

Shelby110.gif

Shelby007.gif

After

Shelby044.gif

Shelby039.gif

Shelby050.gif

Shelby036.gif

Shelby035.gif

Shelby034.gif

Shelby002.gif

Shelby001.gif

Shelby031.gif

Shelby032.gif

Shelby024.gif

Shelby016-1.gif

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Was the stock ride that bad???? I thought that the handling was pretty damn superb despite all the weight?
it handled great stock...I wanted to lower it, and I didn't want to do springs. The biggest difference between what it is now and before is the body roll. The car is flat now, before it would lean in the turns.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
Looks phenomenal but...any chance you'll sell those wheels and get a set of 18s...deep dish in the rear? I admit the styling of the wheels HAS grown on me since I first saw them but...still very plain looking for such a hot car, to me at least.

Thanks for the pics! You lucky s.o.b!!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
TT91 said:
No garage?
This is my garage...no room for a car. lol :D

1Day-ACobra said:
Looks phenomenal but...any chance you'll sell those wheels and get a set of 18s...deep dish in the rear? I admit the styling of the wheels HAS grown on me since I first saw them but...still very plain looking for such a hot car, to me at least.

Thanks for the pics! You lucky s.o.b!!
While I do like the looks of teh stock wheels, I want to do something different, they are super heavy, so I want to do something light weight. I am about to place an order for 19" IForged Aero's or Classic's (I can't decide) with a polished lip and brushed center and the largest lip that can fit in the rear that still tucks the fenders.

98_Snake said:
Holy shit man, you don't fool around! Looks awesome!!
There is no time to fool around. :rockon:

Last edited:

johntom

Established Member
so whats it like living a dream????

BTW I hate you, its nothing against you personally, you have everything I want so I hate you by default.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
Looks 100x better Dave. Nice job man. I'm yet too see you on Colorado BLVD. Also, that is a SWEET garage. I like where your heads at. Great Vino collection my friend. :coolman:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Thats so badass, i was reading MM&FF yesterday about the terminator passing the crown to the GT500, and they had the same one like yours...I just cant wait until you start putting crazy power down man! Keep it up, keep us posted.

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread