Opinions needed please!

God

Established Member
Opinions wanted please!

so i got some Autometer Gauges(oil pres. and water temp.) installed it today and i got the oil pres. gauge to work but i couldnt get the water temp gauge to work, i thought i did it correct by replacing the sensor right but all that happened was my fan turned and stayed on and i cant think of where else i need to connect it to.

I have no idea where else i can connect that gauge. Does anyone else have that gauge hooked up to there car? or anyone have any experience with these with an idea of where i went wrong? and other way i can hook it up?,

And on a side note my check engine service light is on now. someone anyone let me know where i went wrong please :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

green99_svt

Established Member
did you place the sensor in the crossover tube? the stock sensor needs to be hooked up and submerged in coolant to operate properly. if the old sensor is missing or fails the pcm automatically turns the fans on to prevent overheat as it does not know the coolant temp.

Menace-01Cobra

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
Matt A said:
so i got some Autometer Gauges(oil pres. and water temp.) installed it today and i got the oil pres. gauge to work but i couldnt get the water temp gauge to work, i thought i did it correct by replacing the sensor right but all that happened was my fan turned and stayed on and i cant think of where else i need to connect it to.

I have no idea where else i can connect that gauge. Does anyone else have that gauge hooked up to there car? or anyone have any experience with these with an idea of where i went wrong? and other way i can hook it up?,

And on a side note my check engine service light is on now. someone anyone let me know where i went wrong please :shrug:

Post soome pics when you get it all working. What pod did you go with? I am about to do the same.

God

Established Member
green99_svt said:
did you place the sensor in the crossover tube? the stock sensor needs to be hooked up and submerged in coolant to operate properly. if the old sensor is missing or fails the pcm automatically turns the fans on to prevent overheat as it does not know the coolant temp.

ok cool i will give that a try, thank you :beer:

God

Established Member
green99_svt said:

i have aftermarket gauges(autometer) is there anyway to tap into the stock sensor, or is there anywhere else in the coolant system i can install the new temp. sensor?

anyone with ideas? or have the same setup?

Users who are viewing this thread