results

mixxer

Established Member
ok this is what i used [no pc all by hand] klasse all in one,clearkote vanilla moose glaze,poorboys ex ,pb nattys blue--in that order. i was pleased with all the products i used and ease to work with by all you recomendations.

Last edited:

mixxer

Established Member
frgive me for being an idiot but what is orange peel? and another question now i have it like that after i wash it what should i use to prolong the process i just went thru and quick shine and remove water spots?

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
First of all, pics look great!! Doesn't it feel good to look at your Cobra all detailed up?! :beer:

mixxer said:
ok this is what i used [no pc all by hand] klasse all in one,clearkote vanilla moose glaze,poorboys ex ,pb nattys blue--in that order. should i switch moose glaze and all in 1 kasse other way around? all products i was pleased with and easy to work with by all you recomendations.

Well, the Klasse AIO will pretty much remove anything on the surface when it's applied. It is pretty much a paint cleanser with a minor polishing ability and some glaze qualities. Thus, I would keep the AIO prior to the poorboys if you're sticking with the process you have now. Glad you tried and liked the Klasse :beer:

Give the Klasse HGSG a try in one of your upcoming details. Maybe AIOx2, HGSGx2 and then the carnauba of your choice :beer:

mixxer said:
frgive me for being an idiot but what is orange peel? and another question now i have it like that after i wash it what should i use to prolong the process i just went thru and quick shine and remove water spots?

Orange Peel - When a car is painted, if the paint mix is not correct, or if the painter has not properly prepared the surface before painting, the resulting paint surface may look bumpy, similar to the skin of an orange. Orange peel can often be removed by wet-sanding or machine polishing.

Check out the Autopia Guide to Detailing (link here) to answer probably every question that you will ever have regarding detailing :beer:

Last edited:

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
hahahaahaha all by hand, i bet ur arms are tired and sore. I did that ONCE and said screw it and spent the money on a PC.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
You are pretty crazy mixxer, doing it all by hand. Either you have lots of extra time, lots of energy, or you just really love your COBRA like I do. That black looks very rich & wet... :eek: Good job & it looks great! :beer:

Monster

Established Member
If OP is that bad it shouldn't even leave the factory. I've not seen to many vehicles with OP because usually when it's noticable the paint on it is so thin even sanding it mildly will meet what's under the paint really quick. Oh and OP around the edges of anything is a true nightmare for anyone going the wet sanding route. :uh oh:

Oh, and your car looks amazing. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
i too have water spots on my 03, but it's silver, so they don't stand out too bad unless you get it in the right light. however, i still know it's there. i've read alot about good products being used on this forum, but what are the best/easiest places to get these products? i know they're not sold in your average car supply store, unless i'm just missing them.

mixxer

Established Member
thanks it just goes to show you the products do really work. long process without PC but its was worth it. going to use clearkote quick shine to maintain after washes.oh and i used poorboy trim restorer inside wow i was impressed.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Monster said:
If OP is that bad it shouldn't even leave the factory. I've not seen to many vehicles with OP because usually when it's noticable the paint on it is so thin even sanding it mildly will meet what's under the paint really quick. Oh and OP around the edges of anything is a true nightmare for anyone going the wet sanding route. :uh oh:

Oh, and your car looks amazing. :thumbsup:
Funny you should say that, because I haven't seen many cars that DON'T have significant orange peel. Sadly both of my cars have their share of it. I don't know anything about wet sanding, and I'm not upset about it enough to risk ruining the paint.

But seriously, 99% of cars I see on the road have pretty bad peel, even if they are clean, and more rarely, waxed. People just don't care. Almost everyone out there doesn't even know what it is, and most of them wouldn't care anyway. That is how cars can leave dealerships looking pretty bad.

Mixxer definitely got lucky that his is so little. Looks so good :beer:

Monster

Established Member
pj_rage said:
Funny you should say that, because I haven't seen many cars that DON'T have significant orange peel. Sadly both of my cars have their share of it. I don't know anything about wet sanding, and I'm not upset about it enough to risk ruining the paint.

But seriously, 99% of cars I see on the road have pretty bad peel, even if they are clean, and more rarely, waxed. People just don't care. Almost everyone out there doesn't even know what it is, and most of them wouldn't care anyway. That is how cars can leave dealerships looking pretty bad.

Mixxer definitely got lucky that his is so little. Looks so good :beer:

I guess I should have said bad OP, every car has some somewhere on it but it is mild or it would stand out to much from the rest of the non OP areas.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Monster said:
I guess I should have said bad OP, every car has some somewhere on it but it is mild or it would stand out to much from the rest of the non OP areas.
Gotcha. Most of them do look equally bad on all panels :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread