Seen one in person

jshen

Established Member
Hood

How did the stripes go with the hood vents...We're they cut around the vent leaving about an inch gap or was it more in line with the stripes on the concept car? Brakes...vented rotors.?

Intruder

Established Member
Well well well, for all the cry baby whiners who were so worried about the car not saying Shelby on it, but still paying the premium, nuff said!

MightyMo

Established Member
The GT/CS is kind of exciting to hear about, thankyou!

I have been wanting a 68' CS for a long time now and my goals are re-newed!

Thanks!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
FYI...CS stood for California Special in 1968...which included:

# Fiberglass trunk lid and quarter extensions
# 1965 Thunderbird tail lights
# Pop-off gas cap
# Fiberglass side scoops
# Chrome quarter panel script
# Unique body striping
# Blacked out front grille
# Fog lights (Marchal or Lucas)
# Quarter turn hood locks
# Only coupes used. No convertibles or fastbacks
# Any regular Mustang engine, option or color available
# Built only at San Jose plant
# 4118 GT/CS cars produced (confirmed by Paul Newitt through Kevin Marti using Ford records. Previously estimated at 4025)
GTCS_right_side.sized.jpg
morey3.sized.jpg

mrsuds

Established Member
That's a start. Finally some news about the upcoming auto show car? :pepper:

Was it the coupe or vert?

Did you see a window sticker?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I called SVT yesterday. They said we were getting a production coupe for the show and maybe a pre-production vert.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Thank you Psnous, good stuff. Funny, I heard that the GT/CS was dropped....maybe not! It's all good so long as they do not slow down the real S.E.'s. Was anything different besides (ie: taillights/rear-view mirrors, etc)?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Miata Love said:
The CS better have IRS.
Not gonna happen. If the
GT500 doesn't have it, neither will the GT/CS.

My understanding is Shelby front end, GT suspension, stripes and stickers.

Miata Love

Banned
crazyhorse06 said:
Not gonna happen. If the
GT500 doesn't have it, neither will the GT/CS.

My understanding is Shelby front end, GT suspension, stripes and stickers.

Damn what's next Tang, you gonna build it with T-Tops and call it the King Cobra? Paint it green and call it the Bullit? Change the stickers and call it the GT350? I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised. You are such a greedy litlle bastard you'll do anything to make a buck on this car. I hope Colletti comes back and kicks yours ass.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Im in California, and Ive seen the commercials for the 2006 GT/CS. I was very dissapointed due to the fact that its nothing more than a appearance pkg. which includes the 06 v6 pony corral and mini fog light grill, stickers that read C/S and that ugly stripe pkg. from the factory, in which the stripes dont even go all the way down to the bumpers. BASICALLY, its a "HYPE" car, with stickers that costs a good 6, 7g's more. Oh, and did I mention that the commercial stresses its a LIMITED EDITION!? WOW! :sleeping:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Miata Love said:
Damn what's next Tang, you gonna build it with T-Tops and call it the King Cobra? Paint it green and call it the Bullit? Change the stickers and call it the GT350? I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised. You are such a greedy litlle bastard you'll do anything to make a buck on this car. I hope Colletti comes back and kicks yours ass.
I don't understand how anyone can make a statement like this when we havan't even seen what the car or HTT is about. No one has driven one on the street (CS and Mule drivers aside). Your statements are based on conjecture from it having SRA, no twin screw, etc. It might be a turd, but, we don't know that yet. HTT may do more for SVT than Coletti did. I doubt it (big Coletti fan, here). But, we should give this guy a chance to prove himself. This car is going to incredible and we haven't even begun to mod them yet. There is a reason they put the iron block in there. I think it is because it is going to be capable of really big power. Whipple is making an aftermarket twin screw capable of 30 psi. That, my friend, will produce big power.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Miata Love said:

So what if they do build a Mustang with T tops.

We already know a Bullit is coming (Car and Driver when the Charger R/T went up against the Mustang GT and lost).

It's called a product line moron.

mrsuds

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
It was a coupe.

The window sticker said sit down before you fall down! J/K

Tim :beer:

:lol:

Okay, I'm better now. Thanks for bringing back from the edge.

Miata Love

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
So what if they do build a Mustang with T tops.

We already know a Bullit is coming (Car and Driver when the Charger R/T went up against the Mustang GT and lost).

It's called a product line moron.

The point wasn't about t-tops.

And is the Bullit anything more than a Mustang GT with DHG paint? I bet it's not.

Actually it's called a ripoff. They're selling you a regular Mustang GT with some stickers as a special edition for a 7k premium. Anyone who buys one is an assclown plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread