Check out my new set of wheels and tires! Pics inside.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
UPDATE: Pictures of wheels installed on the car in nice weather on post # 46 (page 2).

UPDATE: Pictures of wheels with tires mounted and balanced on post # 10.

Just wanted to show off the new parts that the brown man just brought to my house today!

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

^^ Oh what could be in those boxes?! This! vv

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

Just for you that want to ask, I sent off a brand new set of 10th Anniversary wheels to Weldcraft Wheels in Michigan. I had them cut and then add a 1.5" band of metal to the inside of the wheel as you can see. I saw that a member on this board had done this to his wheels, and he recommended Weldcraft for their good pricing and EXCELLENT work. I will get the tires mounted and balanced tomorrow and then hopefully get them mounted when my IRS bolts come from Tousley Ford that I can grind down. It cost me about $150 a wheel, and I had to include shipping to Weldcraft and back. The wheels are true and straight, and the workmanship is TOP NOTCH! I would highly recommend this company to anyone, and you can visit their website at http://www.weldcraftwheels.com.

Please leave some comments and if you guys have any more questions feel free to ask!

THC

Last edited:

optx002

Established Member
thats awesome man. You need to slap those on quick and get some pics up.
One question, if 315 nittos fit on stock 9 inch rims, why make the rim 10.5 and not go wtih bfg or gsd3?

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
optx002 said:
thats awesome man. You need to slap those on quick and get some pics up.
One question, if 315 nittos fit on stock 9 inch rims, why make the rim 10.5 and not go wtih bfg or gsd3?

Well I heard that if you do slap a 315 Nitto on a 9" rim, you will actually get LESS tread contact then if you put a set of 275 Nittos on the stock 9" rim. Also, I was interested in getting the BFG Drags, but then I would need to run spacers and I REALLY DO NOT want to do that. I know that a 1/8 or 1/4" hubcentric isnt that much, but I am already weary of grinding down the IRS bolt.

Keep the comments coming!

THC

Fast Willy

Established Member
Thats a very cool idea. The welds look perfect on them to, but did you say you sent out a bran new set of rims because those look all messed up.

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
The Evil 1 said:
Thats a very cool idea. The welds look perfect on them to, but did you say you sent out a bran new set of rims because those look all messed up.

The reason those wheels look messed up is because they got pretty dirty in transport and also because the shop put duct tape around the lip so they wouldn't damage it at all. I will be cleaning up the lips right now, and I will be back within the hour or two with some brand new balanced wheels!

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
I got the tires mounted and balanced. I didn't want the weights to show so I chose to get the ones that are put on the inside of the wheel. Only one wheel needed a weight, and the other was perfect. Without further adue, here they are...

ResizeofDSC00780.jpg

ResizeofDSC00781.jpg

ResizeofDSC00782.jpg

ResizeofDSC00783.jpg

ResizeofDSC00784.jpg

ResizeofDSC00785.jpg

The next two pictures are a stock 9" 10th Anniversary wheel and the widened and mounted 10.5" wheel.

ResizeofDSC00786.jpg

ResizeofDSC00787.jpg

ResizeofDSC00788.jpg

ResizeofDSC00789.jpg

ResizeofDSC00790.jpg

ResizeofDSC00791.jpg

ResizeofDSC00792.jpg

Let me know if you have any advice/concerns and leave some comments!

Thanks in advance,

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
As long as they balanced ok and the welds are good I would think you should be safe.

They balanced fine, in fact, one wheel didn't even need weights at all because it balanced with the tire so well. The other wheel needed 3/4 of an ounce to get it balanced out perfectly. The welds are very high quality, and it is double welded on both the inside and outside on each side of the addition strip.

THC

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Cool. I cant wait to see the pics on the car. I think you will be very pleased. And if your not, I am sure you wont have a problem at all trying to sell them. wink wink

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I've heard that with some companies you have to provide them with a donor wheel to take the material from. Is that the case with Weldcraft or do they provide that?

I've forever been kind of interested in doing this to the wheels on my 96...

InfamousSVT

Boosted
Established Member
Tabres said:
I've heard that with some companies you have to provide them with a donor wheel to take the material from. Is that the case with Weldcraft or do they provide that?

I've forever been kind of interested in doing this to the wheels on my 96...

If you go to the link he has posted up it says that they don't need a "donor"

gunslinger said:
u think that company can narrow the stock front wheel for sleeper skinnys

That's what I was thinking about, and yes they can! But they will have to weld on a 1.25" spacer and you will need the 3" wheel studs

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Looks great!
I'll check them out next time your in Toledo.

JP :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread