Yukon driving lights install?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
OK, i've heard on many occasions that several of you guys installed yukon(same as envoy, right?) driving lights on your 94-98 cobras. the yukon lights are 4", how big are our stockers? i want to know if anyone has step by step pics/directions. my stockers look like ass and they just dont look right, they are too small for the holes in the bumper.
any help is appreciated. thanks fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:

95riosnake

Established Member
I haven't done this mod yet, but plan to this winter possibly. The guy who wrote the how-to said you should expect to pay $65-$85 each, but that is the price for a new light from GM. I would imagine a pair could be had for around $75 or maybe even less from a salvage yard, etc...

KingCobra97

V Dub
Established Member
I did this mod last winter. Check ebay and also GMPartsdirect.com (i think thats right) I'll have to look up the part number for them. This is definately a good mod. It makes the front end look so much better because they fit in with the diamond clear headlamps.

770646_25_full.jpg

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
GMPartsdirect.com is a good cheap place to get things, but their service is kinda slow and they're hard to get a hold of. Worth the savings to me, but you can't be in a hurry.

They are HID's correct? I think they'd look sweet if you did the HID conversion on your headlights as well. Otherwise it might look '****eyed'.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

koopa88

I bought a set from ebay and installed them yesterday. Just wanted to add before and after pics, looks much better now. Still need to wire them up though.

95riosnake, can you email me the install instructions you have?
[email protected]

before
attachment.php

after
attachment.php

koopa88

mustangrmyk said:
Those really look good. How's the lighting at night now? What bulbs did you use?

I connected them to the stock wiring but it blew the fuse after a few minutes of being turned on :( . Happened 3 times, after that i just decided to leave them disconnected until i do a little bit more research. Don't know if these have to be wired differently or if maybe i just have a short somewhere (haven't turned them on in a long time), thats why i was hoping i could get the instructions from 95riosnake.

koopa88

Double checked the wiring and they are connected the way they should be. I believe the seller's name was car parts wholesale. Sorry, don't have a link.

BOTLFED98

Established Member
would like to know more info as well, do they bolt right up to existing brackets or does it take some modifying?

95riosnake

Established Member
the tutorial shows making new brackets out of some 1" wide strips of aluminum. The stock brackets will not work with the Envoy lights.

Users who are viewing this thread