2007 SVT Cobra vid...

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
I like how he said that there are no pictures or cameras allowed cause w/in a few days it'd be on the internet and he'd lose his job. Nice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was okay, but didn't really show us much. Interesting what the response was when asked about some possible features that other hi-perf cars have. Features that belong on a car like this. The Ford rep replied that a lot of money went into the new motor and new tranny so its an issue of where to put the money. Hmmm. That's the very same thing they said about the Terminator - the bulk of the money went into the motor and tranny. So maybe here we go again. Will the new GT500 be a compromise because Ford wants to keep the car under $40K? For the sake of those who can afford it, I hope not. Because we all know how compromises on the Terminator became a royal PITA. Time will tell. I think most would rather spend $45K on a car done right than $36-40K for a compromised car. But that's JMO.

jshen

Established Member
Aside from the car

The Ford guy was nice to everybody, even given some pushing by the crowd to open the hood...and when asked about HID etc., he was cool guy in his responses....Nice car...and cool Ford SVT rep... :thumbsup:

R1Lello

Established Member
:dw:

What doesn't make sense is the fact that the car was there for photographing but they won't show the 5.4?? Did it even have the 5.4?? Have to wonder............could have been the 4.6 with an aftermarket exhaust and a few tweaks.

Brad

Banned
CobraBob said:
It was okay, but didn't really show us much. Interesting what the response was when asked about some possible features that other hi-perf cars have. Features that belong on a car like this. The Ford rep replied that a lot of money went into the new motor and new tranny so its an issue of where to put the money. Hmmm. That's the very same thing they said about the Terminator - the bulk of the money went into the motor and tranny. So maybe here we go again. Will the new GT500 be a compromise because Ford wants to keep the car under $40K? For the sake of those who can afford it, I hope not. Because we all know how compromises on the Terminator became a royal PITA. Time will tell. I think most would rather spend $45K on a car done right than $36-40K for a compromised car. But that's JMO.

I'd rather spend 36k on a car without nav and leds for a built 5.4 :D

on edit how can I get that guys job? :pepper:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Brad said:
I'd rather spend 36k on a car without nav and leds for a built 5.4 :D

on edit how can I get that guys job? :pepper:

Yeah, but I'd rather spend $40k on a car with a twin screw, nice hood, and decent ground fx (not JC Whitney stuff)... :burnout:

The car is supposed to be a little upscale, and I would rather spend a few $k more keeping it that way...

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
:burnout:

Me too............charge $2K more but give me the vehicle released in March with bigger tires..............Just make it right Ford or I bail !!!

chuckstang

Established Member
I wander how you go about getting his job, that is exactly what I want!!! I just graduated with a marketing degree lol, I can dream....

Users who are viewing this thread