The new C&D GT500 article scanned in!

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Thanks to Fn'sh!t^ for scanning these in!.. I re-sized them and posted them for all of us..
Please, when viewing them, save them to your harddrive and then view them, instead of repeatedly downloading them..

Im not sure how long my bandwidth will last, so have fun while it lasts..
It renews hourly, so if you dont get them at first, keep trying, in an hour or so it should come back.

Im not leaving these up for more than a day or 2, so save them so you have them!!!

-Purvis
:thumbsup:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chrispurvis/shelby1.JPG
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chrispurvis/shelby3.JPG
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chrispurvis/shelby4.JPG
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chrispurvis/shelby5.JPG
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chrispurvis/shelby6.JPG

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
DocEwww said:
Thanks for sharing!!

Sick car....anyone notice it lists with an Eaton?
Yeah, how disappointing. Not only that it is going to weigh 200 pounds more than an 03 Cobra? 3850lbs? WTF is up with that?

Fourcam330

Established Member
I'm not saying the car won't come with a twin rotor, but Eaton does make a twin screw blower as well.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
3.31 gears?? Definately room for improvement there.. knock at least .3 to .4 tenths off just be switching to a decent rear gear :). And it will be easy to swap the gears, because of the solid rear. :coolman:

12.5 @116..
No other production Mustang have ever matched that number in a magizine. Most rags had the 03 Cobra at around 13.0. 00 Cobra R was usually around 12.9. This is definately the fastest production Mustang of all time.

ITs a good bet this car will be capable of 500 rwhp with just a tune and a pulley. Torque should be incredible, because of the added displacement..

3800 pounds is HEAVY. It definately has lot of weight to move around.. But never underestimate the effect HP can have. This car is going to scream and take no prisoners.

The weight issue, was undoutedly the deciding factor in the IRS decision.. With the IRS, it would have been ridiculously Heavy.. Im glad they saved the weight where they could, and gave us a rear end that will work well at the Drag strip... Finnally!!!

Look at it this way..
Ford chose to put as big and powerful an engine in this thing as they could.. The IRS, with the huge engine, would have just made it over the top weight wise..

I'll take a huge engine, over an IRS any day of the week. :beer:

Its also a possibility, that the Iron block that comes in this Shelby, might be the ultimate modular block. It might end up being stronger than the aluminum FORD GT block.. Thoughts?

Last edited:

01L2Cobra

Banned
450-500hp and 3850lbs that’s a power to weight ratio around 8.1, the 06 Z06 with 500hp and 3130lbs that’s a power to weight ratio of 6.3. So the GT500 is still no match for the Z06. In fact its more in line with the base Vette with its 400hp, 3245lbs, and a power to weight ratio of 8.1.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Awesome, thanks alot!!!
Hey, Purvis/Fn'sh!t^, I noticed these were numbered 1,3,4,5,6. Anything missing from this?

edit: saw the whole article, nice! Hope they're wrong about the no twin screw blower.

Last edited:

chrisle7220

Established Member
yeah i wasnt a big power to weight fanatic in the beginning, but after seeing some cobras getting owned my lighter cars, like z06's, rx-7's, and that one black srt-4, i would like the new cobra to be at least the same curb weight as the 03/04's. If the 3850 weight is true, that means the cobra would need about 570crank to keep up with a 500hp c6 z06. I estimate this by 100lbs=10hp.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Nope its all there. I preserved the numbers that were given to me, when I resized them.. Thats all.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Nope it would need 610hp to match the Z06's 6.3 power to weight

To make that assumption, you would at least need to know what the 2 cars both put down at the wheels..

I think they will be pretty close, epecially if the Cobra had a few choice bolt-ons. No doubt though, the ZO6 is going to be hella fast.

Last edited:

2814v

Established Member
Thanks for posting, vary good accurate info. Dissapointed in the roots blower instead of screw and she will be a bit of a pig. But look at the projected price, if they are right about 39g's (not including dealer mark up) where else can you get that kind of looks, performance and outright badness for that price.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
By the way,
Your welcome, (To everyone who said thanks!)
ITs my pleasure, and its also my little way of saying THANKS to the SVT forums.. :beer:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
If the weight and power numbers are correct. 03/04 >07
Hmmm, not sure how you came to that conclusion.. :shrug: A car that weighs 200 pounds more, but has the potentional of having around 100 more hp and more tq, and a solid rear for superior launching..

The question is not if the shelby will be faster.. Its by how much...

01L2Cobra

Banned
Purvis said:

To make that assumption, you would at least need to know what the 2 cars both put down at the wheels..

I think they will be pretty close, epecially if the Cobra had a few choice bolt-ons. No doubt though, the ZO6 is going to be hella fast.
Using the Bhp and weight you can get damn close to knowing how much Hp you will need to match it and that is 110hp. The big factor hers is the 700lbs difference in weight.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Guys,

The Z06 is going to be a lot more expensive than the GT500, so don't expect it to even be in the same performance department as the new Z. The damn thing has a really light engine, aluminum frame and some CF body panels. Of coures it's going to blow the doors of the GT500 stock for stock in pretty much every category. Hell, they used the C6R RACE program to develop parts for the car. THe mustang has never been compared to a vette, so lets stop comparing the two. Half the people will be bitching about the weight b.s. of the GT500, and the other half will come back with the lame "pulley/tune for $100". Never ending argument

I think this car is bad a$$ for the money and will perform well for what it was intended for. Sure it would have been nice to have a N/A, lightweight, IRS Cobra, but Ford decided to go in a different direction.

Users who are viewing this thread