Making a lightning clone 4WD

poppinsmoke

I would like to do a factory style Lightning clone using all or mostly all OEM parts.
My plan is to use a salvage vehicle and scavenge the parts the from the lightning to use on my truck.
Aside from the obvious induction parts is there any other parts that I am going to need to do my clone?
Is the longblock of the lightning the same as the regular production 5.4?
Has anyone here on the boards done this?
I posted this also in the blower section but I was told this might be a better place to post my question.
Thank you in advance for any anll advice or help.

Bootbox

Established Member
You'll need:

The block, as it's different than the stock 5.4 unit (different pistons, forged crank etc...)
The computer and all wiring
The entire fuel system

It would be cheaper and easier to just put a turbo on your truck with the supporting mods. (fuel system, rods/pistons etc...)

Last edited:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
if you wanted to steal body parts off a wreck that would be good but its just not cost effeciant to try and swap over the blower as you would only be able to run 6 psi max on your block, then like boot said you need all the wiring and the computer and most if not all the fuel system (i belive the tank included because of the duel pumps)
it would be cheeper to buy a KB for your truck and call it a day and then you still need to upgrade the fuel system
not trying to piss in your corn flakes man but it would just be easier and cheeper and a hole lot less hassle

fatwake2000

Established Member
your better off buy a stock 4x4 and puting the lighting ground effects on it and then getting a turbo or supercharger for it. and then getting all the little lightning parts like the seats and headlights and stuff once you get going.

SVTFREEK

- GOT BOOST? -
Established Member
Let me know if you need a complete lightning setup, Engine/blower and Tranny, its what I do.

Check your Private Message

Last edited:

SVTFREEK

- GOT BOOST? -
Established Member
Tried to send you a PM, but it says you decided not to receive private messages, well I wwas going to give you me cell # incase you needed thos parts.

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
SVTFREEK said:
Let me know if you need a complete lightning setup, Engine/blower and Tranny, its what I do.

Check your Private Message
Chris is a good guy, he has everything you need to do this conversion.

Chris, check your PMs, Woo Hoo!

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
ive seen a 4x4 in a mag about a year ago that was blue and had all the lightning stuff in it, motor and all supporting things.

Last edited:

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
240232.jpg

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=9219

Users who are viewing this thread