Must be something about a chevy to come after my Cobra

HankCobra04

Well I have had my 04 cobra for about 4 months. Didnt mod untill abou two months. I try not to street race but, the last two weeks i couldnt resist. First i was getting the rev from a 96 Z28, well he had exhaust only, so needless to say no match. Well last night i was leaving with a buddy of mine in his hemi ram, and then a dude in a black 02 SS comes up be hind me on my ass, loud as hell. My buddy is flashing his lights at me wanting me to race. SS pulls up beside me and were already at sixty on the highway. I said to hell with it and dropped it to third and he honked three times. It took about a second to see him in my rearview, and i was pissed that he even tried so i waved bye as i was passing him. Thats the first time i realized the true power of my cobra. I try not to do it much , but couldnt help it. I caint wait to save up more money for more mods. All I got is jegs offroad h, original 40's and 3 1/2 tips.

rmgtc01

Established Member
nice kill man, racing gets addictive so be careful.
BTW you can drop 2nd at 60. Good luck next time.

BPLS1

Established Member
HankCobra04 said:
It took about a second to see him in my rearview, and i was pissed that he even tried so i waved bye as i was passing him. QUOTE]

:idea: :idea: :idea: I wouldnt take LS1s 2 Lightly if i was u. Yeah the 03-04 cobras r beast but so r moded LS1s. Race one with full bolt ons, cam and nitrous and if your not bolt on yourself then maybe he will be pissed that u even tried :burn: oh and waving bye is for Ricers :kaboom:

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah, i agree, drop it to 2nd at 60, not 3rd...if ur gonna do it, do it right....slow him down to 50 or something. Nice kill tho, many more to come....pulley it!!!

Thrust

Established Member
1 week after I got my car, I got my ass pounded by a bolt on ls1 SS. He knew that I was stock, so he figured that he could take me. Boy would I love to run into him now. :burnout:

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
tapout632 said:
How many MPH's can you go in 2nd gear?

60 MPH in second takes you to about 5000 RPM..Not sure how fast you'd be going at 6500 but I shift at 6000 anyway.

rmgtc01

Established Member
jdk said:
60 MPH in second takes you to about 5000 RPM..Not sure how fast you'd be going at 6500 but I shift at 6000 anyway.
I'd say about close to 70, but watch the rev limiter!!
Cutting out cause of that during a race will kill you against anything worth racing.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
BPLS1 said:
HankCobra04 said:
It took about a second to see him in my rearview, and i was pissed that he even tried so i waved bye as i was passing him. QUOTE]

:idea: :idea: :idea: I wouldnt take LS1s 2 Lightly if i was u. Yeah the 03-04 cobras r beast but so r moded LS1s. Race one with full bolt ons, cam and nitrous and if your not bolt on yourself then maybe he will be pissed that u even tried :burn: oh and waving bye is for Ricers :kaboom:

Can we have one post from you where you dont make up some story where your lame ass gm could hang. Nobody had full bolt-ons, cam and nitrous.. he spanked an ls1 end of story. :bored:

ogc

Established Member
jdk said:

you never go higher than 6000?

That is slowing you down alot.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
ogc said:
you never go higher than 6000?

That is slowing you down alot.

Boost on the Eaton tapers off to less than peak after 6000 RPM.. Wouldn't it make sense to pull another gear after that?

BPLS1

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Can we have one post from you where you dont make up some story where your lame ass gm could hang. Nobody had full bolt-ons, cam and nitrous.. he spanked an ls1 end of story. :bored:

:rollseyes Since when do u make up storys? Im sorry if i hurt your feelings Princess :loser: . All i said was that although he spanked a stock-lightly moded LS1 not all LS1s r easy kills, and to watch out for those Bolt oN LS1s and with a nitrous cam and 125 shot and LS1 can be very vicsous. Oh and i know "my lame ass Gm" can't hang with moded Snakes Yet Just like your Cobra wont be able to hang with me :burn:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
BPLS1 said:
:rollseyes Since when do u make up storys? Im sorry if i hurt your feelings Princess :loser: . All i said was that although he spanked a stock-lightly moded LS1 not all LS1s r easy kills, and to watch out for those Bolt oN LS1s and with a nitrous cam and 125 shot and LS1 can be very vicsous. Oh and i know "my lame ass Gm" can't hang with moded Snakes Yet Just like your Cobra wont be able to hang with me :burn:

you mean YOU make up stories.... :thumbsup: :loser:

Yeah I know...we all now..nobody cares. He didnt race a bolt-on, cam ,nitrous ls1, so why even bring it up, that's on the other side of the spectrum of what he raced....and as far as being able to hang with you..I'll gladly race you..I'll out drive you, then be able to go home and pop my hood, See an awesome looking motor, be able to see more than half of it(you're sitting on yours), and be glad I dont drive the official redneck sports car of america.

And calling me a princess, wow you got me there..go comb your mullet. :lol: :lol: :burn:

I just realized something as well...Do you know that it took you69 more cubic inches to make less horsepower than me stock? haha I forgot about, my nice 281 makes more power stock than your 350. pathetic.

Last edited:

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
I just realized something as well...Do you know that it took you69 more cubic inches to make less horsepower than me stock? haha I forgot about, my nice 281 makes more power stock than your 350. pathetic.
No, no it doesn't.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
ReducedFat said:
No, no it doesn't.
please explain to me how it doesnt... 1999 z28 camaro makes around 305-310 hp. 99 svt cobra makes 330-335 base hp. so where is your grounds for your argument.

Users who are viewing this thread