Finally Dyno'd. Bone stock 03 w/ 6000 miles..369whp & 372wtq SAE

DannySE99

Established Member
I got myself over to the dyno and wanted to make a couple of pulls before round 1 of modding begins. I made 3 pulls in total. I got the charts in both SAE#'s and STD#'s. I have to apologize because the tq curve did not come up on the scanner. The tq numbers are at the top of the chart though. Thanks for all those who gave me advice!! Temps were listed and these are obviously corrected numbers. Hood was open and a shop fan blowing on the motor. There is a slight dip in power in the upper rpm's that had me concerned. Unfortunately I forgot to grab a copy of the A/F curve. It did go into the 10's then off the scale right where it gets choppy, but why? Any suggestions? I'm going to get the K&N intake on monday!!

Here is the chart with the SAE numbers
79910930.jpg

Converted to STD numbers
79910926.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle210

Established Member
I noticed that my boost drops at high RPM's down from 10ish to around the 8 location does that mean I would be able to hold the 10LBS if i were to get a non-slip belt? If so wanna direct me to a good company for them...

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
You could try a different belt, or some billet flow idlers and/or pulley... I plan on going with a full set of billetflow idlers and a non slip pulley... Right now I am going to go with a conservative pulley so I don't have to change the tune, although I will dyno the air/fuel to make sure it is safe.

DannySE99

Established Member
I did not think that I would have belt slipage on a stock car. Thanks for the info though. I plan to get the billetflow pulley set in the future... the non-slip version that is. Can't wait.

Danny.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
When you say rotation... I had to turn mine a little bit (compared to stock) when I installed my K&N kit but that was only so the holes would all line up with the brackets. Could this be a potential problem for me??? Aren't any dynos close to jump on and find out.

DannySE99

Established Member
I just found out that my dyno that day was not stock. The last owner had installed a K&N Pop-in filter... so I guess I probably would have dynoed about 10 hp less. But the good news from this... I installed the K&N FIPK... I can still feel alot of difference. I'm really happy. Plus, the supercharger really screams.

Danny.

P.S. - My catback will be coming in about a week or so.

fasterandfaster

That rich condition is in the tuning program (several different strategies happening for safety).
A good tuner can get rid of this.
Mailorder stuff usually will not.
Vince

Users who are viewing this thread