Blue LED Interior Gauges - SN95 guys

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Got it from Trey here: http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=19730.0. Finished it tonight with the install of the MGW. The a-pillar really isn't as bright in person - more of a blue ring - but I'm not a great photographer. :)

pass.gif

drivers.gif

driversseat.gif

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 95 is so ****ing getting that mod!!!!!!! How hard is it to do? Details man!!!

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
I'm doing white LED's on my next car, and maybe applying a dark tint over them so you can't see them when they aren't on.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 95 is so ****ing getting that mod!!!!!!! How hard is it to do? Details man!!!

click the linky. Trey is a good friend of mine. He did a very good write up. Really all you need is bright white LED's for the gauge cluster (the 5 wedge from www.superbrightleds.com )

FOr the pillars you will need blue ones.

bubbrubb

Anybody know if we could do this in a terminator?

edit: did a search, can't do this with the 03 b/c the gauges are electroluminescent or something & don't use conventional bulbs to light up

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
No idea. I know the reasons the whites turn blue is because of the film on them. Yellowish bulb + blue film = crappy teal color. Not sure what colors or films everyone else has.

But those gauges in the OP look to be white, not the stock ones. :shrug:

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
But those gauges in the OP look to be white, not the stock ones. :shrug:

You mean the faces? They are - the autometers are Phantoms - white faced. You have to buy blue LEDs for those (how ever many you have) but I was referring to the stock gauges with the film.

I have no idea how other gauge series are going to look - it was just coincidence that I had Phantoms and he did too.

EDIT: the stock gauge faces are stock - white. They just don't show up white at night - that first picture is misleading on the stock cluster being white (glow backing - they're not).

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
EDIT: the stock gauge faces are stock - white. They just don't show up white at night - that first picture is misleading on the stock cluster being white (glow backing - they're not).

I'm lost....is this a Cobra or a GT?

Looks to be a Cobra

Ok so if we have a GT do we just need to get the Cobra gauges or what?

I wonder if the film over the gauges are the same from the 94-95 Cobra vs 96-98 Cobras...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
OK guys..

The reason your stock cluster is green at least on the sn95's is the lense is blue but the halogen bulb doesnt emit enought light to be a true white, thus is burns yellow. yellow + blue = green

All you need to go is get super white led bulbs to lighten up the dash.

If you have pillar guages there is no lense to go thru, so pick a color led and put it in. (i. e. you want green put in green, you want yellow put in yellow)

the havoc controls are the same for the cluster. Here is the pics from my swap then trey did it with a write up.

IMG_0169.jpg

without the plastic bezel over everything
theres the proof. White light thru stock guages = blue

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

NOTE: The Pillar guages are blue bulbs

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
I'm lost....is this a Cobra or a GT?

Looks to be a Cobra

Ok so if we have a GT do we just need to get the Cobra gauges or what?

I wonder if the film over the gauges are the same from the 94-95 Cobra vs 96-98 Cobras...

mine is was a 95 GT trey (the maker of this write up) has a 98 cobra

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
not sure. i ran mine without a hitch for a year, trey has been running his for 2 years no problem. they are LED wedge bulbs. plug and play

Users who are viewing this thread