Results from trick flow top end kit

KCC

Blue Streak
Established Member
I HAVE A 1990 GT BORED 40 OVER WITH THE TRICK FLOW STREET TOP END KIT AND IT ONLY DYNO 255 HP AND 292 TQ WITH STOCK MAS AIR METER AND STOCK PROGRAM. I WOUL LIKE TO SEE SOME OTHER RESULTS OR SOME IDEA TO GET THE ADVERTISED 350 HP FROM THIS SETUP.:shrug:

blownfox

Established Member
Thats 350 crank. You might want to think about upgrading the fuel pump, injectors, and MAF. Thats what I did and was making 293rwhp. Most people see between 290 and 310 rwhp. I have that fuel pump sitting around becuase I upgraded to a 255 when I installed the S-stim if your interested?

edit... I also had some bolt-ons...BBK equal lenght headers, BBX offroad x pipe, Bassani catback (sounded awesome, and CAI.

Last edited:

KCC

Blue Streak
Established Member
Thanks for the info we already have bbk long tubes , x pipe and flowmaster catback we installed 24lb injectors. I am going to order a maf set up for 24lb injectors and tack it to a tuner and burn a chip and see what we get.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
i got 280 hp and 325 pounds of tq before my tune and using a c and l maf. after the tune i picked up ten more hp. this was on a mustang dyno. for a 40. over, u got somethin wrong lol

Evol393

War Eagle
Established Member
mine made 305hp and 314tq stock bottom end oil pan hasnt even been off
Trickflow track heat intake
stg 1 cam
crane gold series rockers 1.6
twisted wedge heads untouched
bbk shorty headers, and x pipe
24lb inj, C&L mass air 76
summit 70 tb
stock air box with drop-in K&N
255 walboro
The only tune it has it me adjusting the Fuel pressure and adjusting the timing to 16* spout out. Hope this helps

blownfox

Established Member
Evol393 mention a good point...The TW heads love timing. I also had mine at 16* spout out.

Users who are viewing this thread