What's For Dinner Thread

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Fried Liver and Onions/Bacon
Funny story about this, it was my first meal in Boot Camp. Day 1 boot walking up to my first meal was greeted with "NY Strip and Onions" on the chow line by the Week 6 boots working the chow hall during service week. So between that or random "noodles in sauce" I chose "NY Strip and Onions".

Sat down and waited for everyone to be seated before eating or be punished by death. DI yelled "chow time" at us and it was on like donkey kong. My brother had gave me the skinny and told me no matter what to eat as fast as possible or go hungry so I chopped a honking piece "steak" off and thought bootcamp wouldnt be so bad after all.

I was immediately transported back to the day my dad made me sit at the table for 2 hours until my mom came home and I said it out loud, "this is ****ing liver!!!" I hate that shit and was traumatized by my dad about it, got yelled at to STFU by a DI and ate like a starving dog remembering what my brother told me.

I had some people freeze looking at me eating like a phsyco, others took the hint and started inhaling. Had about a minute before we got kicked out of the chow hall, lots of empty bellies that night. My Division never had any issues in the chow hall up until we graduated and left. Havent eaten liver since and I gobbled that whole plate of it down.

I hate liver and onions, even if you add bacon.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Jersey Mike's #13 Regular sized with double meat.
Gotta have the double meat. lol
Jersey Mike's is good. Now, on the liver deal. There used to be a Chevron station over in Clewiston that had the best fried chicken livers and gizzards. Put them in a paper bag and hot sauce and shake them up, yummy. That was 30 years ago.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I like it way better then subway. I was devastated when they closed the one down by me a couple of years ago
Ohhhh,..........definitely way better than Subway.
Fresher meats and better tasting subs.

Jersey Mike's is good. Now, on the liver deal. There used to be a Chevron station over in Clewiston that had the best fried chicken livers and gizzards. Put them in a paper bag and hot sauce and shake them up, yummy. That was 30 years ago.
Might be pretty good with some hot sauce!!!

I only ever had chicken liver. A few have said calf liver is better but I'm gonna pass. I've had other organ meat and it all just doesn't taste good to me.
I've had the calves liver.
Tripe is cow's intestines. I used to eat that once in a while as a kid as well. Haven't had that and liver in many, many years.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Double hamburger with mustard and ketchup.
I was going to going make a sunnyside up egg on top, but too many pans. LOL

Big salad afterwards though.

Users who are viewing this thread