Daily Driving a 94' lightning

jscorp24

Im looking for opinions on potentially buying a 94' lightning to daily drive. I'm scheduled to pick it up in a few days and want to know if its a good deal, it has 200k miles but the owner has over 6k in receipts in various maintenance such as a full engine overhaul and gaskets. Beside the obvious downside that id be pissing through gas, will the truck hold up as semi reliable over the next few years if I drive it around 15k miles a year?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Tough to say. My 2001 cobra has 200k miles on the body and seems as reliable as anything. With that said, everything on the car has been replaced.

Issues you’ll run into are leaks and worn suspension components and maybe a few electrical gremlins. But nothing that would leave you stranded most likely.

Dusten

Established Member
It's similar enough to any f150 of the era you'll be fine. Certain components are tough to find because it was a lightning.

If you're tall they're a bear when it comes to leg room.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
as long as you're able to fix it yourself, you should be fine. plus, it will be fun and rewarding.

but if you cannot, i'd say reconsider. i say this because i dd my terminators, and if i had to bring 'em to a shop whenever something went wrong, there's no way i'd ever be able to afford it.

Users who are viewing this thread