Bug Out Gear

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking of 22.

I talked to someone about surviving the apocalypse many years ago with a so called expert and the premise was that you would want to avoid close encounters and hand-to-hand combat at all costs. Keep your distance from all and everyone is the enemy.

He suggested that the best tool to own in a worlds end scenario was the most reliable 22 rifle you could get with bags and bags of 22 ammo. Ruger 10/22.

Remember during the apocalypse a shot with a 22 to somebody’s stomach etc from 100 yards away is the end.
They may not die right away, but they are done and they will not pursue you.

In the apocalypse a wound equals infection and death.
I concur.
20240207_104051.jpg

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Since reading this I started looking at Ruger 10/22 take downs and I was wondering from those you that have this gun if you have issues with keeping zero? Seems like if you put a bipod or something on it the gun would flex? Anyone experience such issues?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
The other cool thing about the 10/22...the mod list is infinite!!! You csn litetally turn one into anything you want within reason. Tons of aftermarket parts. Chassis, bbls, etc etc etc

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Since reading this I started looking at Ruger 10/22 take downs and I was wondering from those you that have this gun if you have issues with keeping zero? Seems like if you put a bipod or something on it the gun would flex? Anyone experience such issues?

Excellent question. I don’t have a takedown version, just an og one from many years ago. I wondered this too, if it would maintain zero after removing the barrel, then reinstalling. Presuming the lockup/fitment is pretty precise. I would think with good optics it shouldn’t be an issue, unless you are removing the optics. I would still periodically check zero as some guys report it doesn’t maintain zero and others do report it holds zero. Too many factors with rimfire ammo, qc ain’t the greatest.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^^true...my cousin has a henry survival gun...this is pretty cool and it holds zero pretty good with the stock irons...if ya dont know what one is here is a link...its cheap, it feels weird but man she shoots pretty good...i isnt a 10/22 though which i consider the gold standard of 22 lr semi autos

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member

I have two Ruger 10/22's. Both need to be zeroed in upon re assembly. Never of by much though. Three to five rounds good to go.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks to this thread I went and got both. The take down has a suppressed barrel for purchase that's in my near future. View attachment 1840051

Im trying to wait until I get to the gunstore to fondle a few before buying, post up your thoughts when you get to run them a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread